Due to John’s range of education, training, and personal experience, he is extremely versatile and able to present skillfully to a wide range of audiences. He regularly works with teachers, therapists, recovery groups, adolescents, universities, and spiritual communities. Below is a partial list of some of the most commonly requested talks and programs. We are also able to provide customized programs and additional talks.
If you would like to host a talk, book signing, workshop, conference, retreat, or another program with John, please email [email protected].
- Developing the Skill of Free Will
- Well-Being: An Evidence-Based Approach
- Mindfulness in Recovery®: Integrating the Skills of Mindfulness with the Tools of Recovery
- Cultivating Genuine Happiness in Daily Life
- The Wisdom of a Meaningful Life: The Essence of Mindfulness
- Happiness: A Inside Story
- Four Keys to Living Mindfully
- Mindfulness: Much More Than Present Moment Awareness
- The Myths and Benefits of Mindfulness
- Someone Worth Finding – Yourself
- The journey of a Western Buddhist Monk: A Path of Transformation
- The Power of Forgiveness
- Live with Attention and Intention
- Discovering the Joy of Virtue
John also facilitates workshops, retreats, and trainings.
Recovery – John works with treatment centers, speaks at recovery conferences and leads retreats for the recovery community. He is the founder of Mindfulness in Recovery Institute.
Mindfulness workshops and retreats – facilitated through the Mindful Life Program
Buddhist teachings and retreats – facilitated through the Way of Compassion Dharma Center
Previous Speaking Engagements
TEDx California State University, Long Beach
National Conference of Addiction Disorders West
A Way Out Symposium – Aspen Institute
Psychotherapy Associates Winter Symposium
West Coast Symposium for Addiction Disorders
Oklahoma State Prevention and Recovery Conference
Oklahoma Counseling Association Conference
Florida Mental Health Counselors Conference
“Every event I have hosted for John Bruna has had excellent reviews from attendees, the most commonly asked question is “when will he return?” John has a gift for teaching. If you are considering hosting John for your group – he delivers every time with humor and grace, leaving participants with a new view of themselves and the world.” Dr. Joan Coff
Mindfulness in Recovery®
“It is rare that a clinical training tool can provide both a foundational practice for working with clients as well as a tool of true self-care for the practitioner.” Mandy Owensby, MSW, CADC III, LAC